Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 Lb, spaghetti or vermicelli noodles,
- 1 Lb chicken (boneless), cut to 1 inch cubes
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small box mushrooms (you pick), sliced
- 2 Tbsp sherry or white wine
- 2 Tbsp, olive oil
- Several pinches, dried Italian or French herbs (i.e., rosemary, lavender, basil, etc.)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can, French’s Fried Onions
- Optional: 1/3 Lb cheese, your choice
- Optional: 1/3 Lb Bacon, chopped; or sausage, ground or sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Boil noodles until al dente, drain. Put in a large casserole dish that has been lightly oiled to prevent stickiness. Add soup to noodles. Add cheese if you are using it. Stir.
In pan, heat olive oil. Cook chicken, mushrooms, herbs, wine until chicken is browned. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add contents of pan to noodles. Stir.
If using it, cook bacon or sausage in same pan until well cooked. Add to noodles. Stir.
Layer the French’s onions on top of the mix.
Put the casserole dish into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until onions are well done but not burnt.