UCSD Extension has always been a fantastic way for me to continue my education (I remember a great Oracle database class there back in my more technical days) and I even developed and taught an information security class there.
Just recently, UCSD reached out to me to do an interview for their new Interactive Radio “Emerging Trends” series. I was honored to be their first guest!
Have a listen and learn a little bit about my thoughts on privacy, information security and “The Left Hand of Light.” Then tell me what YOU think!
Today is international privacy day. I eliminate the word “data” from that sentence it is one of my pet peeves. 🙂
Tonight I will be speaking at San Diego Gas & Electric’s Energy Innovation Center on mobile privacy, how its changing the privacy landscape, and most importantly, what organizations and individuals are doing about it.
It starts at 5pm, Pacific. I hope to see you there.
Hello, all! I’m pleased to announce that if you live, work or play in the Encinitas, CA area, you can now find The Left Hand of Light at SoulScape, a fantastic store filled with books, music, inspiring art, posters and gifts for you and the spiritually-minded people in your life. Head over to this loving sanctuary and get your copy and buy a few candles and some sage too to prepare for spring cleaning!
Hold the date!
Join Christopher Vera along with friends and fans to celebrate the official launch The Left Hand of Light and explore new universes at an intimate gathering in San Diego that will include readings of the book by the author and fans, a book trivia raffle, a silent auction, an open mic for poets, writers, singers and other entertainers, a live painting demonstration by the talented Adelaide Marcus, and some light food. Come get your copy signed!
- WHEN: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 4pm-6pm
- WHERE: Expressive Arts, San Diego. 3201 Thorn Street, CA San Diego, CA 92104
- COST: Free, though donations to Expressive Arts or to help pay for the cost of event are welcome and appreciated.
- WHAT TO BRING: Your positive and loving energy, your copy of The Left Hand of Light if you’d like to read or have it signed, anything you’d like to read or play at open mic, and some money for the silent auction or to have dinner around the neighborhood after the event.
Its gonna be a great time in the astral plane! RSVP on Facebook on Christopher Vera’s author page or just come on out and say hello.
Printable flyer here (PDF).
Today is a monumental day for me for today I become a novelist. An author of fiction. Today, I share my voice. The Left Hand of Light is now a reality. You can buy it on Amazon. It blows me away to be able to say that. Many of you have asked me how you can help and for that I thank you. There are three easy ways to help:
- Tell your friends. Tell your loved ones. Tell your enemies. Use e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, smoke signals. Write your congressman. Have a conversation. Please help me get the word out. Give them this link: https://chrisvera.com/lefthand.
- Buy a copy. Better yet, buy more than one. They make great and inexpensive gifts for the readers in your life. Winter, er…the holidays are coming.
- Tell the world how you feel about it. Whether you loved it or hated it, leaving a review of the book on Amazon, Goodreads, and other places where books are discussed really helps a LOT to draw attention to it. Review it!
A sincere thank you to everyone who made this book possible: To my editor, Larry Edwards. To Kathleen Robertson and my mom, Billie English, for their careful proof-reading and fantastic ideas on how to make the story even better. And to everyone else who offered me encouragement along the way.
There is so much more where this came from. Enjoy!
Lately, I really have been blessed with the attention I’ve been getting as an independent author. Here’s a link to a fun little interview by Paul Dorset (real name John Cox) did with me. Paul writes for his blog, “Utterences of an Overcrowded Mind,” and is a widely published indie author in his own right! Indie authors support each other!
Thank you very much, Paul for the opportunity to share my thoughts on writing with your readers.
I had the pleasure and honor to speak with one of the country’s top educational radio talk show personalities, Neil Haley of Total Education Radio about the Left Hand of Light. Our conversation can be found here in MP3 format.
My interview starts at about 30 minutes in, so fast forward if you don’t have a lot of time.
Lesson learned: Never forget to promote one’s web site. It sounds cheesy when I hear it on the radio, but its effective and it works and its the best way for people that want to hear what you have to say to find you! I can’t believe I forgot even after Neil asked me to! 😛
Its been 30 years in the making, but The Left Hand of Light is almost complete! The book will be coming out this Thanksgiving. I know many of you have been patiently waiting for its arrival and I am blessed to have so many that are interested in the book. I hope it will inspire you and move you as much as it has me.
Now comes the technical part: Transforming the work into e-book and print-on-demand formats.
Then will come the hard part: Convincing you to buy a few copies!
Today, I’ll be speaking at the annual meeting of the Conference of California Public Utility Counsel (CCPUC) on the important topic of energy privacy.
Posted in FYI